I have many reputations at school, including, but not limited to: anorexic, weird, cool but fucked, shy, cross-dresser and fag. Most of these aren't true of course, but I find them amusing and I take the "cool but fucked" one as a compliment.
Today I'll adress the anorexic one. People think I'm anorexic because I'm really skinny. I'm not anorexic though, I just happen to be underweight. (I'm 5ft11 and 130 pounds, which gives me a BMI of 18.1. Under 18.5 is underweight). But the BMI was also invented by mathematician in the 1800s to try to find a relationship between height and weight of people who lived in the 1800s. Though maybe the version we use today has been updated by real doctors or something. Who knows.
Anyway, here are a list of pros and cons about being underweight. I'll start with cons because they're easier to think of.
- I'm always cold. ALWAYS. There's constantly a heater on in my room and I loose a lot of sleep because I have to turn it off at night (fire hazard) and it gets cold. This also keeps me from getting out of bed in the morning. This especially sucks because I enjoy sleeping naked.
- It's really hard to find pants my size. Hell, it's hard to find belts my size. Right now I'm a size 29 waist, though I can wear up to size 32 if I wear a tight belt. The problem is I'm tall, so if they fit my waist they usually don't reach my ancles.
- My bones crack a lot. I don't know if this is because of the lack of weight, but it seems that my bones like to crack more than normal.
- I get stomach aches after eating. Though this is just a recent development, and I have a suspicion that I have gastritis, but probably not.
- I'm fairly weak, weaker than the average person.
- People think I'm anorexic.
- Protruding bones are cool. I could spend hours playing with my hip bones or ribs or spine.
- I hardly ever have to buy new clothes, as I can fit into almost all of the ones I own. The only exceptions are pants that get too short.
- It's aesthetically pleasing to me. I know this is pretty bad but I can't help it, it's how I was raised. I enjoy being skinny.
- Sometimes I get compliments... sometimes...
That's pretty much it. As you can see there are way more cons than pros.
Don't be underweight, it sucks.